Google has released an update enabling users to switch between the female voice (Voice I) and the male voice (Voice II) for Google Assistant. Now you will be able to set the voice for assistant devices in either male or female voices. Before checking for voices please make sure the app’s are updated.
How to switch between female and male Google Assistant voices
- Launch the Home application
- Tap on the Menu icon on the top left side of the display
- Under the Google Assistant subheading, select More settings
- Under Account, tap on Preferences
- Select Assistant voice
- Here you will find a list of available voices. You can tap on the blue speaker icon to hear a preview of each voice. Select the voice name you wish to set for all of your devices that have Assistant built-in
If you still not able to see the preference then update is yet to release in your region.