Essential Phone and its camera app gets important software updates. Essential Phone camera has received a software update, hope after update it should bring the best photos from it. Additionally it should also improve the quality and speed of the camera in the latest update.
Before updating the camera app, first we must install the latest system build (NMI81C), which adds “improved performance and bug fixes.” It’s a small update weighs at 72MB.
After installing the Essential Phone update, Camera app update should be done via play store. The changes included in update, as confirmed by Essential:
- Boosted capture speed in regular and low light to below 1 second (over 40% faster)
- Improved brightness and performance in low-light
- Spatial sound when shooting in 360 (supported on device, Facebook, and YouTube)
- Use volume up/down keys as shutter buttons in 360 mode
- Countdown timer when in 360 camera mode
- Bug fixes and overall reliability improvements
According to Essential, more improvements for the camera are in the works, such as HDR enhancements, live 360 streaming to Facebook and Periscope, Portrait Mode and Pro Mode. These new features will be added to the Essential Camera app via Google Play store.