Apple released iOS 11.2 to all compatible iPhone and iPad with Apple pay cash support three days ago. As of now the Pay Cash will be supported only in US. Now Apple has started to rollout WatchOS 4.2 for the Apple Watch. New update brings the new Apple Pay Cash, peer-to-peer payment feature and adding other new capabilities and bug fixes. WatchOS 4.2 is available for all Apple Watch models.
To update the Apple watch to watchOS 4.2, go to My Watch → General → Software Update in the companion Watch app on your paired iPhone. Watch must be placed on its charging disk, have at least 50 percent battery and be in range of your iPhone.
watchOS 4.2 release notes
- Send, request and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay Cash in Messages or by asking Siri (US only)
- Adds support for HomeKit sprinklers and faucets in Home
- Adds support for a new workout type for third-party apps to track distance, average speed, number of runs and elevation descended for downhill snow sports with Apple Watch Series 3
- Resolves an issue where Apple Watch would sometimes restart when asking Siri about the weather
- Fixes an issue where scrolling was disabled in Heart Rate for some users
- Resolves an issue that prevented simultaneous timers or alarms from being dismissed independently