Samsung Electronics America, Inc. announced the availability of the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2, a rugged tablet designed for mobile workers who conduct business outdoors or beyond office walls, including in the field, industrial locations, and harsh weather. The device provides easy access to essential functions in extreme conditions—such as high/low temperatures and wet environments—and advances seamless workflow by combining high durability and LTE connectivity with a range of innovative capabilities for business users.
Tab Active2 is MIL-STD-810 certified, the military standard for durability during excessive pressure, temperatures, vibrations and drops and IP68-rated for water and dust resistance.
- Features 8.0” WXGA TFT (1280×800) display
- Powered by Samsung Exynos 7870 Octa-core 1.6GHz
- It packs 3GB RAM and 16GB internal storage, can be expanded through microSD up to 256GB
- Packs 8.0MP rear camera and 5.0MP selfie camera
- Runs on Android Nougat 7.1 out of the box
- 4,450mAh battery, can be charged via USB 2.0 Type C, Pogo Pin
- IP68 Water and Dust Resistance, 1.2m Anti-shock with inbox protective cover, MIL-STD-810G
- Includes Knox 2.8 security
Other features include S Pen (IP68 Certified, 4096 Pressure Level, Air Command), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz+5GHz) Wi-Fi Direct, BT 4.2, NFC, GPS. Sensors include Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor.