BlackBerry has announced its latest smartphone KEY2 at an event in New York City, which was leaked multiple times in the past couple of days. BlackBerry Key2 comes with a Series 7 aluminium frame (in Black or Silver) and a soft-touch back with a diamond pattern finish. The keyboard height has been increased by 20%, BlackBerry claims that it will increase comfort and typing accuracy.
keys on the device comes with a new matte finish and have been arranged in a new fret pattern to optimize spacing. Fingerprint scanner embedded into the space key similar to its predecessor. It also features a new Speed Key that enables shortcuts which will open app at any time, call a favorite contact or access functions.
BlackBerry promised that monthly security updates will be rolled out for Key2 and one major OS update. BlackBerry KEY2 will be available in Black and Silver colors. Cost of the device start at $649 in U.S., €649 in Europe, £579 in UK and $829 in Canada. Device will be shipped this month.
- Features 4.5-inch 3:2 display with 433 PPI, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Powered by Snapdragon 660 Octa Core processor with Adreno 512 GPU
- Packs 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB internal storage, can be expanded upto 2TB with microSD
- Sports 12MP +12MP dual rear camera with LED Flash, Primary sensor features f/1.8 aperture, 1.14µm pixel size, 79.3-degree wide-angle lens, Dual PDAF, secondary sensor with f/2.6 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 50-degree lens. 8MP selfie camera
- Runs on Android Oreo 8.1
- Fueled by 3360mAh battery with support for Quick Charging
- Other features include 4-row Physical QWERTY backlit keyboard with capacitive touch, Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD), Fingerprint sensor in space bar, Speed Key, HD audio, FM Radio, Dual microphones, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.0 Type-C